Reading will set you a part from the crowd. Being well-read both in your field of interest, but also areas outside your field of interest, will help increase your likelihood of success and make you a more interesting and valuable leader, team member, family member and friend. Below is a list of my favorite entrepreneurship-focused books, as well as a list of top entrepreneurship-focused book lists compiled by others. Enjoy!
My Top 5:
- Poke the Box by Seth Godin
- The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself by John Jantsch
- Good Boss, Bad Boss: How to Be the Best… and Learn from the Worst by Robert I. Sutton
- Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality by Scott Belsky
- Rework by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
Other Strong Lists:
- Books For Startups by Steve Blank
- What books should entrepreneurs read? (Source: Quora)
- The 99 Best Business Books (Source: PersonalMBA.com)
- 15 Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read (Source: BusinessInsider.com)
- Must-Read Badass Business Books For Entrepreneurs (Source: TheRiseToTheTop.com)
- The Business Owner’s Bookshelf (Source: Inc.com)
Let me know what books will you be reading this summer in the comments below!